What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Friends, Family, All of people
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HEP04
The Perfume pagoda is one of the highlights of the Hanoi area and one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring, after the Vietnamese New Year, thousands of Vietnamese pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the year. The pagoda itself is situated in a huge cave built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat as there are no roads. You glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths, visiting the pagodas and temples built in this area over the centuries.
- Enjoying a local lunch near Thien Tru pagoda
- A scenic boat trip down the Yen river between dramatic limestone cliffs
- Visiting the beautiful Pagoda and Cave and learning more about religion and society in Vietnam
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Private tour price
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/AShow more
Price for Private tour price
* Price: USD/pax
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Lunch
- A/C shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water during the trip
- All transportation and transfers
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Pre & Post trip accommodation in Hanoi
- Food & drink not mentioned in the itinerary
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Hanoi centre - Duc village - Yen river - Thien Tru Pagoda - Giai Oan Pagoda - Tuyet Son Pagoda - Thien Tru pagoda - Hanoi centre
Departing Hanoi we have a two hour drive through the picturesque countryside and back roads to the village of Duc for some refreshments before boarding our boats for a 1.5 hour ride along the scenic Yen river, surrounded by dramatic limestone cliffs.
After this we walk to the Thien Tru Pagoda (Heaven’s Kitchen) and the Perfume cave and pagoda - an hours walk in total.
On our way back we visit Giai Oan and Tuyet Son pagodas.
Lunch will be at one of the little food stalls near Thien Tru pagoda.
After lunch the boat will take us back to our bus for the drive back to Hanoi.
We arrive in Hanoi around 18.30.
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 33 reviews
Value for money
02 Oct 2019
19 Apr 2019
On the trip to the perfume pagoda you travel by boat to the base of the mountain. Then have a cable car ride to the summit. There are still plenty of steps to climb to reach the cave. Once inside the cave there are many stalagmites and stalactites to see. Plenty of places sell refreshments if you visit on a hot day. There are thousands of boats but we visited on a quiet day so they were nearly all moored up and empty. Some boats have shade but most don't so take an umbrella. I would advise the cable car ride as the walk up the mountain is not what you would expect
02 Apr 2019
The day we went we were surrounded by devout Vietnamese pilgrims, almost no Western tourists in sight. The boat trip, step climbing and cable car all add to the experience. You should go at least one way by cable car as the views are lovely.
13 Mar 2019
03 Feb 2019
We reached it in full day trip from Hanoi. There is 2-ways boat ride in big river with nice views around. Parfume pagoda is on the hill. I recommend to go up with cable car and go down by walk. Entire journey was good, so if you have to spend one day out of bustling Hanoi it is a good choice.