What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Daily from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family with children, Friends
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T02HEG01
Hanoi Capital is located on the banks of the Red River with tranquil Hoan Kiem Lake at its heart, Hanoi is the capital of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. North of the lake are the bustling streets of the Old Quarter, each street named after the trade that used to take place there. Sightseeing with a Local Guide; water puppets performance; visit Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Presidential Palace, and Temple of Literature.
- Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda - one of the oldest pagoda in Vietnam
- Explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place
- See the peaceful waters of Hoan Kiem Lake and the beauty of Ngoc Son temple
- 1 Lunch
- A/C sharing transfer
- Price Includes
- Entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- Full transfers by shuttle bus (with A/C, purified bottled water, wet tissue)
- Price Excludes
- Visa arrangement
- Drinks on meals
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare
- Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum - One Pillar Pagoda - Tran Quoc Pagoda - Bat Trang pottery village - Ethnology Museum - Hoan Kiem Lake
AM: 08:00 - 08:30: Pick up at your hotel (join tours will free pick up all points in Hoan Kiem, Hanoi). Then visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (closes on Monday and Friday morning. And closes during October) and Museum to explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place. Just next door is Ho Chi Minh’s house on stilts and lying to one side of the Mausoleum is the One Pillar Pagoda which was founded by King Ly Thai To in 1049 - the structure has become an important symbol for the people of Hanoi. We then continue on to the Buddhist Tran Quoc Pagoda on the West lake (One of the oldest pagoda in Vietnam).Then visit Bat Trang pottery village (apply on Mon, Wed & Fri). Lunch at local restaurant.
PM: After lunch we’ll proceed to visit the Ethnology Museum (apply on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat), the Literature Temple and Quoc Tu Giam. We’ll also see Vietnam’s first university, constructed in 1070 - it’s gardens and well-preserved architecture will offer a relaxing glimpse into Vietnam’s past. We will take you past Hoan Kiem Lake to see the peaceful waters and the beauty of Ngoc Son temple. For the last part of the tour, we’ll journey through Hanoi’s Old Quarter, where you’ll then have a chance for some shopping and exploration. Tour ends around 15.30 - 16.00.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is closed on Monday, Friday morning and closed during October
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian …) should be sent before your departure date.
- Water Puppet show for Deluxe option only, a traditional performance that dates back as far as the 11th century in the villages of the Red River Delta area of northern Vietnam. Then the tour will finish around 16.30 - 17.00.
- Bat Trang pottery village will be visited on Mon, Wed & Fri (without Ethnology Museum).
- Ethnology Museum will be visited on Sun, Tue, Thu & Sat (without Bat Trang pottery village).
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 40 reviews
Value for money
22 May 2019
We were in Hanoi for only one day and this was a good way to see all the sights of Hanoi. Whilst fast paced the tour was still enjoyable. I give only four stars as I feel the tour guide could have had a bit more patience and empathy for other group members.
17 May 2019
11 May 2019
Our very kind guide came to pick us at our hotel and then we walked around old hanoi with her. We visited an old house, a temple, the lake and the french quarter. Our guide told us about hanoi history but also about the culture of vietnamese people. It was very nice and interesting to discuss with her and learn more about her life here. I would highly recommand !
04 May 2019
Great tour to get a good glimpse of the city. Adorable guide who even taught us to cross the streets (which is not necessarily easy here). If you have a choice, choose the museum option. The ceramic village option is really dispensable and feels a little tourist trap ... other than that, great!
01 May 2019