What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Family with kids, couple, solo travelers
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HNF10
Highlights of this Hanoi city tour are famous places in Hanoi, such as Ho Chi Minh Complex, Temple of Literature, Hanoi’s Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Lake, Ngoc Son Temple. Taking this tour, you will have a chance to learn more about Vietnam’s history and culture.
- See the magnificent Ho Chi Minh Complex and Temple of Literature
- Join tour the Old Quarter and French Concession of Hanoi
- Experience Hanoi from the perspective of the kids who live there
- Price Includes
- Tour guide (available with English speaking local students)
- Price Excludes
- Transfer fees (if any)
- Entrance fees (if any)
- Personal expenses (foods, drinks,...)
- Cancellation by Customer
If you are unable to join the tour on the day and at the time scheduled, you must notify us within 3 hours of the departure.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step
- Full Itinerary
- If you are interest in free group tours in Hanoi, please visit Hanoi Free Day Tours
- If you are interest in free private tours in Ho Chi Minh city, please visit Saigon Free Day Tours
In the morning:
09:00 AM Our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel then take you to the Ho Chi Minh complex. You can take the chance to visit:
1. Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum: where the body of the president is kept.
Opening time: 5 days per week, except Monday and Friday.
Cold seasons (from November to March) 8:00 a.m – 11:00 a.m
Hot seasons (from April to October): 7:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m
Closed once per year in October/ November/or December for the body maintenance
No camera, cell phone, bare-shoulder T-shirts, or mini skirts are allowed inside
2. Ba Dinh Square: Where Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum lies, is a historical site where President Ho Chi Minh read the Independence Declaration of Vietnam on September 2nd, 1945.
3. Ho Chi Minh’s Residence: Refusing to live in the Presidential Palace, President Ho Chi Minh lived in a normal electrician’s house nearby. And then Uncle Ho moved to stay in the House on stilt until he passed away.
4. One Pillar Pagoda: An ancient pagoda built in 1049 under the Ly Dynasty (Remember to wear full-length clothes when you visit any pagoda).
5. Ho Chi Minh Museum: Exhibiting the life of Ho Chi Minh and the history of wars against invaders.
After that, you will have time to visit the Temple of Literature – the first University of Vietnam and also the place to worship the Confucius. This is often cited as one of Hanoi’s most picturesque tourist attractions. Originally built as a university in 1070 dedicated to Confucius, scholars and sages, the building is extremely well preserved and is a superb example of traditional-style Vietnamese architecture.
This ancient site offers a lake of literature, the Well of Heavenly Clarity, turtle steles, pavilions, courtyards and passageways that were once used by royalty. Visiting the Temple of Literature you will discover historic buildings from the Ly and Tran dynasties in a revered place that has seen thousands of doctors’ graduate in what has now become a memorial to education and literature.
In the afternoon:
You can stop by any food stall or local restaurant for lunch (recommended by our student) before continue walking to explore Hanoi’s Old Quarter & French Quarter at 2:00 PM. This tour will help you to discover place which is famous with “36 guild streets” in the past time and also discover the charm of this imprinted French architecture area.
Tour ends at around 5:00 PM.
- Student guide requires no charges! Guests should be nice to cover all fees for guide!
- For the days from Monday to Friday, the Full-day City Tour will be splited into 2 half-day tours as our student guides have to go to school. It’s really difficult for them to escort you for the whole day. Our guides will meet you at your hotel or the meeting point as the starting point in both 2 tours. The 2 tours are:
- Ho Chi Minh Complex and Temple of Literature – start at 9:00AM
- Old Quarter and French Quarter – start at 2:00PM
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.6
15 Feb 2019
08 Feb 2019
01 Feb 2019
20 Jan 2019
23 Oct 2013
It was a great time going through the various sights of Hanoi. Local student guide helped us see the real Hanoi with all the beautiful museums and the delicious food around. We went to most of the tourist spots that tourists go, although if it's not your first time to go to Hanoi, then there would be better places to go to. Also, if you would like to try to try other street food, it would be better to do it outside of the scheduled tours. The guides were helpful in providing information to us when needed, and even additional information that we have not found in magazines and reviews (which makes it more valuable than we thought it would be.) It was an excellent tour overall.